Dr. Seuss summed it all up in his famous quote for kids,
“Today you are YOU
That is truer than True
There’s no one alive who is You-er than YOU!”
The importance of developing positive self-esteem in kids cannot be undermined. Kids with positive self-esteem feel confident and capable. They value themselves and believe in their abilities. They feel proud of the things they can do and always want to give their best.
When kids are confident and secure about who they are, they’re more likely to have a growth mindset. As they grow up, they are able to motivate themselves to take on new challenges and cope with them while learning from their mistakes. They’re also more likely to stand up for themselves and ask for help without hesitation.
When kids have positive self-esteem they:
- Feel respected
- Are resilient and proud even when they make a mistake as they understand mistakes are a part of the journey of learning
- Have a sense of control over activities and events in their life
- Act independently
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Are comfortable and secure in forming relationships
- Have the courage to make good decisions, even in the face of peer pressure
Raising kids with positive self-esteem can give them a bright future and do wonders in helping them shape into better human beings.
Give kids the gift of positive self-esteem coz KIDS DESERVE IT!